Burlesque


Top // ASOS
Faux Fur Jacket // ASOS (old, similar here & here)
Skirt // H&M Trend (similar here)
Hair Accessory // H&M (similar here)
Purse // Vintage (old, similar here & here)
Heels // ZARA (old, similar here)




Happy Monday and Welcome December, everyone! May it be your most beautiful, cuddly and creative month of the year, full of joy, happy moments with friends and family and loads of love. I am in a very festive mood and so will be my outfits until this year ends. I've been preparing a Xmas project for almost a month now, very important for me, which I am planning to reveal very soon. Stay tuned!

Today's outfit covered in feathers, sequins and fur (please don't get upset, it's faux!) was inspired by the burlesque dancers. Some may be wondering where you can wear such an outfit, because you might find it a little retro and somehow extreme. Of course you can wear this entire outfit at a dinner or a cocktail party, but you can also pick just one piece (or more), combine them, let's say the sequin top with a pair of jeans, a classic blazer jacket and ballerina flats and create a look that you can wear for a coffee, at the office or go shopping.

After a decade of experimenting, I decided that I don't want to follow the trends and that I don't like to dress mainstream. I only pick pieces that may or may not be on trend and adjust them to my own wardrobe.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke